Book Title: College Visit Journal: Checklists and Forms to Organize Valuable Information and Help Get the Most Out of College Visits
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Author: Erik Kopp
Choosing the right college is one of the most important decisions in your life, so you want to have all the right information you need to be available for all the colleges you are considering.
After visiting several colleges over several months and gathering tons of information, it can be overwhelming to attempt to put it all together and honestly compare all of the schools you visited at different times.
When you were starting out, you had different questions and looked for different things than when you have some experience in the college search. There is so much information to gather in such a short time during a college visit that you might forget to capture some or ask all your questions. And once the visit is over, you might forget some of what you saw and learned. A formatted journal will help you to consistently organize your college visit information so that you will be able to compare information you gathered from different schools point-by-point, even months later.
The journal includes:
- Checklists to prepare you before you visit the college
- A set of questions to get you started looking for what you need
- Checkboxes to easily track information about the school (small, large, rural, urban, etc.) without having to scribble down a lot of stuff while you are also trying to pay attention to what you are seeing
- Forms for taking notes and making evaluations during your visit so you can compare consistent information across schools even months later
- Full 8.5 X 11" pages to give you enough space to record all your important information
The journal is large enough to contain information from 25 college visits and includes space to attach handouts, flyers, maps etc. By keeping this all in one place, you can easily and quickly review all of the colleges you have visited and see what you thought of each one while you were there.